BYU COVID-19 Case, Creative Cloud, and On-Campus Work
23 March 2020
Four Things to Know
1. A member of the campus community has tested positive for COVID-19. Today, BYU received a notification that a student enrolled in classes on campus this semester tested positive for COVID-19. The student has returned home. The off-campus property manager has contacted residents and the Utah County Health Department is conducting contract tracing and will make appropriate notifications.
To BYU's knowledge, this is the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in our campus community who was studying or working on campus this semester. Please be vigilant about following public health recommendations that will help prevent the spread of disease.
2. You can access Adobe Creative Cloud wherever you are. Adobe has provided temporary at-home access, so you can continue to do your classwork remotely with the right tools. Instructions:
- Download the Creative Cloud desktop app here
- Run the download installer
- Log in to the app with your NetID@byu.edu and password
- Download any of the desired Adobe Creative Cloud applications
3. If you need to work, there are LOTS of on-campus jobs available. Contact student employment by email or phone for current opportunities (801-422-3562 ext. 2). Be prepared to provide your student ID number.
4. Academic Dates + Deadlines
- Full semester withdraw deadline (Extended): Tomorrow, March 24